Friday, September 11, 2009

If I Built A Car

My older brother and my sister-in-law love Micah to bits. Not only are they generous in love, they are also generous in "prizes", as Micah likes to say. Over the weekend, they brought a special prize for Micah, a book titled "If I Built A Car".

It's truly a gem, especially for my car- / motorcycle- /truck-loving kid. The story follows the whims and creativity of a boy who starts with, "If I built a car..." Not only are the illustrations rich and engaging in a retro kind of way, the book is also fun to read because the lines rhyme and roll right off the tongue. Micah brought the book home last Sunday after dinner, and we've read it to him at least 15 times since then.

If you have a little guy or girl who's into cars and making things, this book would be right up his or her alley!